GOALS OF THE CICS DEPARTMENT
Consistent with the vision-mission, goals and objectives of the Saint Joseph’s College of Baggao, Inc., the College of Information and Computing Sciences Department shall be constantly guided by the following goals:
- To provide a carefully constructed, comprehensive program of courses, scheduled in a timely manner, which supports immersion in the essential knowledge base required for information and communication technology level of mastery;
- To acquaint advanced knowledge and manifest a high sense of creativity and innovativeness and to give edge to have one-on-one hands-on experience on modern hardware and software;
- To produce competent programmers, professional librarians and IT-managers who can create and lead cutting edge innovations in their fields;
- To share knowledge, discoveries, and inventions with the people of the locality and the country in order to improve appreciation and comprehension of science and to bring the benefits of science to the society.
- Develop ways to enable faculty to focus their time on being highly productive in their core academic activities (teaching; research; scholarship; creativity and community engagement).
- To encourage professional growth among our faculty, including preparations as well as professional publications in local, national and international forums.
- To engage in ongoing assessment of the curriculum, faculty and students in order to build on our strengths and address our concerns in a meaningful way in an ever-changing world.